21. That’s the number of ingredients in Hidden Valley’s Original Ranch Dressing. Soybean oil, artificial flavors, and disodium inosinate & guanylate? We’ll pass! But what if ranch dressing is what helps you eat more veggies? Learn how to make healthy homemade greek yogurt ranch dressing! All it takes is one easy step and just a few simple ingredients!
Must Know Cooking Skills
Before making the recipe, learn how to:
Culinary Tips for Ranch Dressing with Yogurt and Mayo
Because this is a creamy yogurt ranch dip, it doesn’t pour out of a bottle well. If you prefer a thinner dressing, add milk or water, 1 Tablespoon at a time, until you reach your desired consistency.
- Mayonnaise: substitute up to ½ of the mayonnaise with more Greek yogurt. Keep in mind that the fat in the mayonnaise helps improve the texture of the dip!
- Plain Greek Yogurt: substitute plain yogurt. Choose a fat content that fits within your overall diet.
- Lemon Juice: substitute apple cider vinegar.
- Chopped Parsley: substitute all or half of the parsley with fresh chopped dill for a Greek yogurt dill ranch dressing variation. Fresh chopped chives would also make a great addition or substitution.
Use our ratio of mayo, yogurt, and acid, then use different spice combinations to make the yogurt and mayo dip your own!
For a southwest ranch dressing variation, add ½ teaspoon taco seasoning or chili powder.
Make a spicy Greek yogurt ranch dip by adding ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, 1 Tablespoon sriracha, or your favorite hot sauce to taste.
We love buying our spices from The Spice House. Click on the picture below to view & try out hundreds of flavorful spices and herbs!
Equipment Recommendations for Homemade Greek Yogurt Ranch
This easy homemade ranch recipe comes together with just a few simple kitchen essentials:
Is Greek yogurt ranch healthy?
While we certainly wouldn’t recommend eating yogurt ranch dip by the spoonful, it’s definitely healthier than most store bought options! The ingredients that make this ranch dip healthier are better-for-you mayonnaise and Greek yogurt.
What do we mean by better-for-you mayonnaise? Varieties made with heart-healthy oils, such as canola, olive, or avocado oils. These oils are higher in monounsaturated fats, which promote healthy blood flow and decrease heart disease risk.
Plain Greek yogurt is a great source of protein, calcium, and gut-friendly probiotics. Greek yogurt isn’t necessarily better than regular yogurt, but we like the creamy texture and extra tang that it adds to this ranch dressing. Select a fat content that works with your overall diet. If you eat a lot of foods high in saturated fat, a low-fat or fat-free variety is your best choice. If you limit saturated fat in your diet, full-fat varieties are okay.
How to Serve Homemade Ranch Dressing with Greek Yogurt
Serve this healthy ranch dip with fresh or blanched vegetables, or spread it on sandwiches or wraps for a flavor boost!
Storage Tips for Leftover Ranch Dip
How long does greek yogurt ranch last in the refrigerator? Store leftover ranch dip for up to 7 days. If you don’t think you’ll eat that much ranch throughout the week, simply halve the recipe!
Love this healthy veggie dip?
Try out these other healthy snack recipes!
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- ½ cup mayonnaise, made with canola, avocado, or olive oil
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Add mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon juice, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper to a small mixing bowl. Use a whisk to combine. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with fresh vegetables or on a wrap. Enjoy!