Want to add a fun twist to classic burgers and sandwiches? Try out this quick curry ketchup! Tangy tomatoes, sweet honey, warming spices, and spicy hot sauce add pizzazz to traditional ketchup!
Must-Know Culinary Skills
For recipe success, learn how to:
Culinary Tips for the Best Curry Ketchup Recipe
If you weren’t able to find reduced sodium ketchup, start with ¼ teaspoon soy sauce, then add more to taste.
Adjust spice level to your taste. Start with less; you can always add more but you can’t take it back out!
If the ketchup you purchased is especially sweet, start with no honey, then add it bit by bit to your taste!
- Ketchup: if you don’t have store-bought ketchup on hand, you can make your own simple version!
- Curry powder: use store bought curry powder or make your own.
- Honey: substitute maple syrup or brown sugar for vegan ketchup.
- Soy sauce: substitute tamari for gluten-free ketchup.
- Paprika: substitute smoked paprika.
- Hot sauce: use your favorite brand of hot sauce or substitute cayenne pepper, chili powder, or sriracha.
You don’t need any fancy tools for this recipe, just a few kitchen essentials:
Is curry ketchup healthy?
While ketchup is not the backbone of healthy diets, this curry ketchup can accompany many other dishes that are rich in nutrients, such as roasted potatoes and bean and beef burgers. While you are likely to consume ketchup in small quantities, the tomatoes will provide your body with some small amounts of lycopene, which is a heart-healthy antioxidant. (1)
This version also contains some spices, which can help fight inflammation. Learn more about the health benefits of spices in this article!
Serving Suggestions & Storage Tips for Quick Curry Ketchup
Serve curry ketchup as an accompaniment to roasted russet potatoes, bean burgers, turkey meatballs, roasted sweet potato wedges, or any of your favorite recipes!
The flavors continue to develop over time, so curry ketchup tastes even better the next day! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Want more flavorful sauce recipes?
Try out these favorites!
Quick Curry Ketchup
- ¼ cup ketchup (reduced sugar/reduced sodium recommended)
- 1 teaspoon warm water
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Dash hot sauce
- DAsh pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until well mixed. Use in place of ketchup for extra pizazz. Enjoy!