This is a variation of our Greek yogurt parfait base recipe. Stop buying store bought parfaits that are often loaded with sugar and less-than-delicious toppings and start making your own at home! Yogurt parfaits take less than 5 minutes to prepare and are so easy to make to YOUR taste. Add this coconut yogurt parfait to your recipe rotation for a quick, satisfying, and delicious breakfast!
Must-Know Cooking Skill
For recipe success, learn how to:
Culinary Tips for the Best Coconut Parfait Recipe
To toast coconut flakes, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut flakes to the dry heat and toss or stir occasionally. Toast until they begin to smell fragrant and are lightly browned.
You can either pile everything in a bowl, or split the ingredients in halves or thirds and build the parfait in layers.
- Strawberries: substitute any fresh or frozen fruit of your choosing. Slice or dice into bite-sized pieces as needed. If using frozen fruit, choose options without added sugars and thaw before adding.
- Greek Yogurt: substitute regular plain yogurt or a dairy-free variety. Choose any fat content that works within your overall diet.
- Honey: substitute maple syrup or agave.
- Granola: use our homemade granola base recipe to make your own or use a store bought variety with low added sugar.
- Toasted Coconut Flakes: substitute unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted nuts, seeds, or a combination.
- Coconut Extract: substitute vanilla, almond, or lemon extract.
This recipe is one many variations from our base recipe. Customize the base recipe to your taste by adding or substituting different toppings or flavorings.
If you don’t want to add granola to your parfait, feel free to substitute a variety of nuts and seeds to add some crunch and nutrition.
No fancy equipment required for this easy recipe! Just a few kitchen essentials:
Is this Yogurt Parfait Recipe Healthy?
Definitely! Made with balanced ratios of lean protein, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients, this healthy yogurt parfait recipe will keep you satisfied and nourished for hours. The featured ingredients in this recipe are Greek yogurt, strawberries, and granola.
Greek yogurt is a great source of B vitamins, calcium, and probiotics. It is also higher in protein than regular yogurt, making this parfait filling and satisfying.
We recommend buying plain varieties in order to avoid added sugars and organic, if you can afford it. Select a fat content that works with your overall diet. If you tend to consume a lot of foods high in saturated fat, a low-fat or fat-free variety is your best choice. If you limit saturated fat in your diet, full-fat varieties are okay.
Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C, fiber, and phytochemicals. These nutrients promote a healthy body and can help prevent chronic diseases. (1) Both fresh and frozen fruit are healthy.
Granola is primarily made of oats, nuts/seeds, and dried fruit. Oats are a good source of fiber and complex carbohydrates. Fiber is important for digestion, satiety, stable blood sugar, good cholesterol, and healthy gut bacteria. Carbohydrates are important for energy and focus.
Nuts and seeds are a great source of plant-based protein and healthy fat. Almonds and pecans are high in monounsaturated fats which are good for heart health. Walnuts contain healthy omega-3 fats.
We recommend making your own granola because it’s super easy and you can adjust the flavors and sugar to your taste. If choosing store bought granola, purchase varieties with low sugar and ingredients that you can recognize and pronounce.
For more information about which ingredients are best, check out our ingredient guide.
Coconut Parfait Serving Suggestions
This coconut yogurt parfait is a great breakfast on its own! You can also reduce the ingredient quantities and enjoy this fruit and yogurt parfait recipe as a quick and satisfying snack.
If prepping a parfait the night before serving, wait to add the granola until the morning. If you let the granola sit overnight, it will become soggy. Toasted coconut also loses its crunch as it sits overnight, so add in the morning.
Looking for other tasty breakfast recipes?
Try out these favorites!
- ½ cup fresh, diced strawberries
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- ¼ cup granola (homemade or store bought)
- 1-2 Tablespoons toasted coconut flakes
- Honey to taste
- Wash strawberries, then slice and dice as desired.
- Add coconut extract to yogurt and mix well.
- Layer or pile the strawberries, yogurt, granola, and toasted coconut in a bowl or clear cup.
- If the yogurt is too tangy for your taste, add honey to taste. Enjoy!