This salad is the taste of summer! Watermelon might seem like a strange ingredient to add to a green salad, but trust us, the flavors meld together so well, and the color combination is absolutely stunning!
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced watermelon
- ½ cup halved yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 Tablespoon chopped, fresh mint
- 2 Tablespoons toasted, sliced almonds
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
Prepare the vinaigrette. In a medium bowl, add the vinegar, salt, and pepper. Slowly add extra virgin olive oil, whisking continuously.
Add the watermelon, cherry tomatoes, arugula, mint, almonds, and feta cheese to the bowl. Gently toss with tongs to evenly coat salad with vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit.