Overnight oats are such a quick and yummy breakfast option and offer a nice change from traditional hot oatmeal. This version reminds us of a chocolate covered cherry! Check out our other varieties, and be sure to try building your own recipe!
- ½ cup old fashioned or quick oats
- ½ cup milk (may sub almond or soy milk)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1 Tablespoon dried cherries
Mix oats, milk, yogurt, chocolate chips, and almond extract in a bowl. Top with sliced almonds and dried cherries, or add them in the morning.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Like this recipe concept? Try your hand at making your own variety using the base recipe as a guide!