Overnight oats are such a quick and yummy breakfast option and offer a nice change from traditional hot oatmeal. This version is like good old-fashioned American apple pie, but a lot healthier! Check out our other varieties, and be sure to try building your own recipe!
- ½ cup old fashioned or quick oats
- ½ cup milk (may sub almond or soy milk)
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or to taste)
- Dash of cinnamon
- ½ medium apple, diced ( ~ 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tablespoons toasted, chopped walnuts
Mix oats, milk, yogurt, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a bowl. Top with apple and toasted walnuts, or add them in the morning.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Like this recipe concept? Try your hand at making your own variety using the base recipe as a guide!