Written by To Taste
Servings: 27-¼ cups (approximately 6.75 total cups)
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup slivered almonds*
1 cup chopped pecans*
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup plus maple syrup
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup dried cherries or other dried fruit
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, and brown sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the maple syrup, oil, and salt. Pour over oat mixture and stir to evenly coat mixture.
4. Divide among 2 sheet pans. Cook for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
5. Remove from oven and add dried cherries to granola. Once cool, store in a ziploc bag.
Granola can be kept for at least 2 weeks.
*Note: feel free to sub any nut in this recipe! You can even add up to 3 cups total nuts, and the recipe still turns out great.