Come January 1st, people around the world will make a resolution to eat healthier, exercise more, and lose weight! How many will follow through on their resolutions? The unfortunate truth is probably not many. Too often, people make unrealistic goals and focus more on weight rather than focusing on overall health. Of course, it’s great and sometimes much needed to lose weight, but if you focus on eating healthier, the weight will begin to naturally drop off. Want some ideas for healthy eating resolutions? Look no further 🙂
- Eat more fruits and vegetables, especially vegetables. This is always my #1 piece of advice when people ask what they can do to lose weight or improve their diet!
- Cut back on processed foods. We say this all the time, but the more natural, the better. Your body likes foods in their whole natural state, and it especially doesn’t want all the added sodium and sugar.
- Try to eat some plant based meals. I’m not saying become a vegetarian (unless you want to, of course!), but consider eating a meal or two without meat.
- Limit red meat and processed meats. Beef and pork just aren’t the best options. Neither are bacon and sausage. Want some motivation to cut back? Research shows the saturated fats often high in these meats cause weight gain in the stomach area! Chicken and turkey are healthier options, but fish is even better. Of course don’t forget what I just said about plant based meals above 🙂
- Reduce added sugars. We have written plenty of blogs on sugar, but we can’t stress enough the importance of cutting back on added sugars, and getting your sweet fix from natural sugars.
Hope you found this list helpful! Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year!
To YOUR Taste!